Friday, February 11, 2011

The Art of Jessica Harrison

The art of Jessica Harrison is simply Goregeous. (Hehe get the pun?) The majority of her work seems to involve in the human anatomy. In other words picture what the world would be like if the Mutter museum infiltrated the art world. I didn't know a thing about her till recently when I came across her current collection.

Just look at these lovely ladies. This what would happen if the porcelain figures in your grandmother's knickknack cabinet got invaded by a horror film. They remind me of my beloved porcelain Dresden dolls to tell you the truth.


I can't help, but think that there is some kind of context on how women acted and were treated in the 19th century. Of course I could be wrong and Jessica could have just wanted to create beauty with horrific imagery. Goodness knows, I would love to own one of these lovely ladies, but alas the workmanship that went into these must be immense as well as the price.

To see more of Jessica's work check out her site here.

-Horrorwood Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Be Prepared

If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov